Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 27, 2019

Thank you for 38,000 page views

I don't have 
a speech prepared,
to put you to sleep,
so it's your lucky day.

But here's a funny video,
from the funniest show
ever on television,
The Honeymooners:

And there's finally 
a TV show about UFOs
worth watching,
where real Navy pilots 
and radar operators
are interviewed, 
and they have seen a lot:
"Unidentified"
new shows are Fridays at 10pm
on the History Channel (cable):


After the coldest winter
I've experienced in Michigan, 
since I moved here 
from New York in 1977, 
I'm thrilled this was
our first warm week
of the year.

So now I can 
finally start complaining
about the hot weather.

I've been retired 
since January 2005: 
My "schedule" includes 
four days a week of 
"100% real life"
-- I'm not online those days.

So I only add 
new content here 
on the 
three days a week 
I try to be online:
 Every Saturday, 
    Monday and 
    Thursday,
except if 
one of those days 
is a national holiday,
like July 4.

I'm almost never online 
two days in a row, 
so if I post a batch 
of articles one day, 
like I did today, 
the next day 
will be a day of rest.


Richard Greene,
since 1953

For those who wonder
what I look like, here's
what I see when I look 
in the mirror each morning ...


















... I glued Mr. Newman's
picture to my mirror --
at age 65, it's not easy
to stand in front of a 
mirror brushing your 
teeth in the morning,
and seeing an old man !

Audiophile,
since 1965
Favorite song this week:
      Frank Sinatra - "Just One of Those Things"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOg3B9cELgQ

Libertarian, 
since 1973

BS, 
State University of New York, 
at Albany, 1975

MBA, 
Stern School of Business,
at New York University, 1977

Editor of an
economics
and finance
newsletter,
since 1977
( named "ECONOMIC
LOGIC" since 1981 )

Married to 
wonderful wife,
since 1983

Living in 
Bingham Farms, 
Michigan,
since 1987

Retired, lazy bum, 
since January 2005

Editor of the 
Economic Logic Blog,
since 2008

Editor of this
Honest Global
Warming Chart Blog,
since 2014

Editor of the 
Election Circus
politics blog,
since 2016 

Disappointed 
that global warming
appears to have 
skipped Michigan !

Does not speak French.


Favorite "philosophers":
- Perfesser Lawrence "Yogi" Berra
- Perfesser Groucho Marx


My  favorite  quote:
“Politics is the art 
of looking for trouble, 
finding it everywhere, 
diagnosing it incorrectly, 
and applying the wrong remedies.” 
     Groucho Marx