Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Time for a climate break with Jimi Hendrix covers, played on an acoustuc guitar ?

Time to take a break.
The coming climate crisis will wait.
We've already waited 50 years for it to show up.
It probably took a wrong turn near Jersey City.

This relaxing version of Little Wing, written by Jimi Hendriux, is by Steve Marks on acoustic guitar, at the start of a medley with Hey Joe, a song that Jimi Hendrix covered
 
The wife and I heard Little Wing live, outdoors,
by Stevie Ray Vaughan. Incredible, maybe even better than the original Jimi Hendrix studio version, that I've liked since the 1960s. 
 
The wife saw Jimi Hendrix live in Chicago, where she heard Hey Joe, but not Little Wing.

I saw a decent Eric Clapton version of Little Wing on cable TV (Comcast "On Demand")
 
We both liked this video.
I'd never heard of Steve Marks until this morning.
He sort of imitates the memorable Little Wing drum fill by slapping the hollow body of his guitar. Very clever.  It's rare for me to like a cover version of any original song I like, but this is a rare exception: 

Added November 25: 
My most recent do it yourself CDR mix 
happened to include three cover songs 
that I like, below, with youtube links:
 
Dancing Days  (Led Zeppelin)
by Stone Temple Pilots 

Soul Kitchen  (The Doors)
by Patti Smith

Surfin' USA  (The Beach Boys)
 by Papa Do Run Run
(needs real speakers not tiny computer speakers)