Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 4, 2022

OFF TOPIC: The best songs I listened to on YouTube yesterday

I have been an audiophile since 1964. I prefer to listen to my own do-it-yourself song mixes. I started with a reel-to-reel tape recorder for songs I liked from WNEW-FM radio in New York City. In the 1980s I bought a dual deck cassette recorder so I could make copies of my tape mixes for friends. In 2000 I bought my first compact disc recorder to make CD mixes. I've given away over 1,000 copies as gifts and have worn out two CD recorders so far. I make at least one new mix every month from songs on my 2,000 compact discs collection. But I'm running out of new material, so YouTube came to the rescue, with a huge number of songs available for free, including some live performances, and amateurs too. I have a decent audio system attached to my Cable TV box for listening to YouTube, and also watching on a 55" TV screen if there is a live performance video.

Yesterday I listened to cover versions of songs I liked 
-- a few were better than the orignal versions:


Stone Temple Pilots - Dancing Days
Dancing Days (2019 Remaster) - YouTube
Willie Nelson --- Farther Down the Line
Farther Down The Line - YouTube
Joan Osborne --- I’ll Be Around
Joan Osborne - I'll Be Around - YouTube
Patti Smith -------- Soul Kitchen
Aretha Franklin -- Walk on By
Aretha Franklin - Walk On By (Official Audio) - YouTube
Rod Stewart ------- Sweetheart Like You
Sweetheart Like You - YouTube
Silver Jet ----------- Drive My Car
Silver Jet Drive My Car - YouTube
Willie Nelson ------ What Was It You Wanted
What Was It You Wanted - YouTube
Mavericks –--------- True Love Ways
Patti Smith - Everybody Wants to Rule the World
In my room - Papa Doo Run Run (1985) - HQ Audio DDD - YouTube
Buster Poindexter - House of The Rising Sun
House Of The Rising Sun - YouTube
Wet Wet Wet -------- It’s Now or Never
It's Now Or Never - Wet Wet Wet - YouTube
Mavericks ----------- Love Me
Love Me - The Mavericks - YouTube
Home Free ----------- King of The Road
Mary Spender & Josh Turner -- Sultans of Swing
Joe Cocker - Many Rivers to Cross