Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Thursday night climate rap: My 1997 discovery that a coming global warming crisis is only a prediction, not science, and not reality

I was working in product development of an auto manufacturer happily driving a company "muscle car" when I began wondering if cars like mine were bad for the environment. I had started using the internet at work in 1996.  In 1997 I decided to research global warming by reading articles found in a list of links (which I still read) at:  http://www.sepp.org/the-week-that-was.cfm

Within an hour I couldn't believe what I was reading. There were scientists involved but almost no science. Global warming was wild guesses of the climate in 100 years. And there were computer games, obviously programmed to make the same predictions. They were all predicting climate doom, with no evidence of any ability to predict the future climate. I found out that every prior prediction of environment doom made on Earth Day 1970 was wrong. Tomorrow is Earth Day 2022, by the way. Try not to get too excited.

     I had a few advantages in 1997:
My parents taught me as a child that predictions are almost always wrong.
As a libertarian since 1973, I didn't trust government bureaucrat scientists.
And I knew that wrong predictions are not science.


So after one hour of reading about climate science, or maybe I should say "climate astrology", I developed my first and only climate prediction in 1997: "The climate will get warmer, unless it gets colder." And that is the last climate prediction I made. I'm still waiting for my Nobel Prize!

I did not take climate alarmism seriously from 1997 to 2014. I assumed with every decade, and no climate crisis, people would stop believing the predictions. I was wrong. A few years ago I decided to launch a climate science blog to share the best articles, by other authors, that I was reading every day. This blog has had over 305,000 page views so far, and I hope I've changed a few minds with those articles, and my own statement, that I believe is true, but blows a few minds:

We are living in the best climate for humans, animals and especially plants, since the Holocene Climate Optimum ended about 5,000 years ago. We should be celebrating our wonderful climate. Not living in fear of the future climate, like those smarmy leftists, based on always wrong, wild guess predictions of a climate crisis, that never shows up. I believe that statement is true, but I can't prove it, because climate information for 5,000 to 9,000 years ago is not that accurate. In fact, I have a theory that it's impossible to prove anything, but I can't prove it.

Ye Editor 
Richard Greene
Bingham Farms, Michigan

PS: We love global warming here in Michigan. Give us more of that !